Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Tree’s are Alive… With the Sound of Music…







Have you ever just sat alone outside and listened? That is the beauty of my balcony. Yesterday I sat outside and just listened. I listened to the trees, the birds, the sounds of the muttering passersby’s. I could hear the distant scampering of animals and even faintly I could hear the river which I a km or two away. It was beautiful. Once you start to really listen all the sounds seem to flow together. It sounded like a fine tuned orchestra. Oh the beauty just listening. It’s truly a renewing experience. I started thinking about it once I got back inside I decided that hearing must be a sense in which sound is perceived. I think this because I chose to listen. I made a conscious decision to hear what I wanted, like the finely tuned violin made out of tree leaves or bongo drums made out of rain drops. (I imagine this has something do with my selective hearing that I conveniently use when necessary. IE : Annoying people)




So this is a challenge to all of my readers. Take 10 minutes out of you day, with no distractions and just listen. Turn your brain off, even if you have another thought push it away and just listen.
P.S. The picures are not outside my balcony... I thought they would be inspirational for listening...
P.P.S Jeff is surfing on a natural Bridge




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so.... when is that book coming out?

Stephanie said...

You are going to have to wait my friend! I still have a while... Im not done yet!

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama said...

Steph, this will scare you but I do this a lot. (You are like me ha ha) .It is part of why I like quietness.

I like hearing the sound of wind, rain, kids playing, even traffic if it isn't too loud. I love the smells too.

Christina said...

Wow Steph....I love your writing...its so thought provoking

Stephanie said...

Awe you guy's are sooo sweet!