Monday, January 12, 2009


As I was browsing a web site today I saw an advertisement for Valentines Day. Wow, Is that really the next Holiday slash marketing blowout? I started to think to myself how I am excited for this holiday. Valentines Day is great because it’s totally all about the girl. Which I loveJ, but not only that it’s another day to eat chocolate and not feel guilty. PLUS the chocolate comes in a heart shape container and is usually in pink and red wrapping. How amazing is that. Anyways I googled a little further and came across a couple articles stating that Valentines Day, to them, is pretty much the worst day of the year. In fact one lady put it that she would rather “live a lifetime of Mondays” than celebrate another valentines day. Wow. Did you know that approximately Eight million Americans admit they send themselves Valentine's Day gifts? Can you imagine how many people ACTUALLY send them V day Gifts that don’t admit it. But hey… They may feel lonely and unloved but at least they will get something nice! So the month of love is coming sooner than you think. To prepare you for this I will leave you with one of the worst V day stories that I have experienced. (Don’t worry it has not tainted my love for the holy day of the V) I think I was in Grade 7 or 8 I can’t really remember. I really liked this boy (shocking) and I also like another one.(also shocking.) This one boy that I sorta liked asked me out. So naturally I said yes and he gave me some chocolates and I was his g/f. Later that Valentines day Another boy… who I actually like better and didn’t think was going to ask me out did. When he asked me I thought about it in my head how I could get out of the other boyfriend situation before this one knew anything. I thought I could do it so I said Yes. Status Update I had two boyfriends… So I frantically went around trying to find the first one I said yes to and reverse the yes. I did find him eventually… Hanging out with my other boyfriend at lunch. Together… Sadly I had not two boyfriends anymore… not even one boyfriend anymore… I had zero boyfriends… I bet my mom was happy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoW... ha ha. I think you and me always had different dilemnas.

Stephanie said...

Hey We may have had different dillemma's but it looks as though we ended up with the same outcome hahah

Mama said...

I am glad. You weren't supposed to have boyfriends. Bad.
This should teach me a big lesson.... don't trust your children!

Anonymous said...

Momma How rude!

Love you!

stephanie