Friday, May 2, 2008

Not that I hate the Oilers...BUT......


Today is possibly the most mortifying day in the world. I was forced to wear an Edmonton Oilers Jersey all day at work today. OILERS. For those who don’t know, I am a Calgary Flames fan and all my alliances lie with them.
The reason I am wearing this jersey is because I lost a bet. I bet that the flames would make it to the second round of the playoffs. If I won these 2 people that I work with would have to drink their morning coffee out of beautiful Calgary flames mugs…If I lost I would have to wear the Oiler’s jersey, and the worst part, EVERY FRIDAY TILL CHRISTMAS!
That is very severe. I’m hoping that this bet will subside however the two people who made it with me are very adamant. They have been threatening to take pictures at lunch, we will see how that goes!

The worst part is, people have been asking if…..
“Is it hockey day or something?”
“I’m a huge Oilers fan too!”
“Baaaa Oilers suck”
And, of course the people who come in to debate their loyalty to the Canucks against the Oilers.
I am continually setting the record strait… I am not an Oilers fan, I am a Flames fan!
And… it’s only 9:03 AM six more hours to go… torture.




Ps. Sarah I know you’re a regular reader… I apologize for outraging you in this blog…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

steph I think you had a worse side of the bet then your competition did, having to wear an oilers jersey versus drinking out of flames mugs!

Sarah M said...

Yeah right, you LOVE it. You had better post some pictures. Steph I will wear my Oilers jersey on Friday if you want, solidarity and all that. Hahaha. I love it!! I'm so proud.

Sarah M said...

I want to see pictures!