Friday, August 1, 2008

When Im Bored at work.

I was bored at work.

The last friday of every month is orange day.

There was a contest.

I entered.

Need I say much more? lol


Here is My entry that I regrettably sent.






What it means to be orange?

When I first came to Ritchie Bros I walked into the building with glee.
My first real job, my first new fob, I though, “Well Gee!”

I sat at reception, under those lights so bright,
People would walk by saying Good Morning and Good Night.

Everything was normal since I started on a Wednesday
But came Thursday, then Friday… I didn’t know what to say!

People came in with crazy bright orange shirts,
Some were low cut, oh those little flirts!

Then bagels cookies and buns galore,
Who could really ask for more?

Then I timidly asked, Why this orange trend?
A tad bit scared that I would offend,
Would the orange monsters come after me?
Walking around with smiles full of glee?

“Company Unity they said to me!” I thought, “That’s lame how good could this be?”

My thought was interrupted by a clang and a clatter,
The Christmas tree almost fell on the poor girl on the ladder!

The noise was heard and you would never believe
Five orange shirts came trying to appease.

That girl never fell off the ladder,
Not a scratch, not a nick, not a girl shaped splatter.

I realized that day that being Orange is about work AND play.
Being orange is a community, and that community, includes Me!

No comments: