Friday, August 22, 2008

Awkward


Awkward…

Today is a glorious beautiful Friday, The sun is shining and the clouds are parting, I get up from my desk to go get a drink of water from the kitchen and to my dismay, something else was parting.
I walked into the Kitchen with my trusty water cup and standing right over the water cooler is one of our graphic designers, and he not just standing he’s stretching. This is not just any old stretch. Picture this his face was facing me and his arm was bent backwards over the water cooler onto the wall behind it, sticking his pelvis out with one leg back. It was strange. So obviously I’m going for water, I cant just turn around and walk back out because that would be awkward in itself. You have to understand one more imperative thing to this story, This guy has big muscles and is proud of it. As soon as I walked in the kitchen he started counting down from 6 like he had been counting previously from like 30 or something and I know that he wasn’t because as soon as he saw me he was like…uhhh 6, 5…, 4…, 3….,2 with a huff and one…. Ahh that feels good… So I’m standing with my water glass staring at this guy for this one very awkward minute thinking “Can I just get to the water?”
Then to make matters worse, (this is a word for word account) he was like “Oh sorry, but after I have an intense workout I need to stretch regularly the next day”
I was like “okay…”
He goes, “yeah last night I went to the gym and did like 20 extra reps than I normally do”
I go, “Cool, Do you mind if I just get in there” with a fake little nice giggle. (meaning the water cooler)
He goes, “yeah yeah cool, You like water eh?”
I smile
He Goes, “Yeah I think that I may go again, tonight, unless my friends want to have a party or sumthin.” (THIS GUY IS LIKE 30. No wonder he is single.) (well im assuming he’s single.)
“cool” I say


Then I start to leave the Kitchen ASAP and he proceeds to but both hands behind his back, stick out his pelvis so I actually have to go around him, and starts intensely counting from 30. Then I hear as I leave the kitchen, he stopped counting…

It was so awkward/strange….

I immediately thought blog!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha thats awesome. I should try some of those lines: "yeah last night I went to the gym and did like 20 extra reps than I normally do". Clark would like this.

Stephanie said...

Hahahahaha
Please dont...
Im am telling you this as
you sister, friend and girl...

For the love of everything that is good, Please dont! hahah

Sarah M said...

Hahahahahaha. Oh man, Steph I can just picture this happening.

Anaymous said...

Steph this was laugh out loud funny!!! just what i needed!!

PS. How did you insert those photos into your posts?

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there. Sounds like will ferrell in anchorman

Stephanie said...

Andrea, There is an attachment button at the top of the page it looks like a distorted mountain :) In the post section....